Monday, May 14, 2012

The pain of losing weight


I was told by the kind doctor whom I visited that I was overweight. He was of the opinion that it would be greatly beneficial to my health if I was to reduce my weight to the lower mark of my ideal weight spectrum. But it has been so hard.

It’s so hard for many reasons.
     I hate working out
     I love food
    I try to cut down on the portion sizes but somehow don’t manage to
    When I’m down or feeling blue I tend to eat
   I dream of new kinds of food to make
  When I’m happy I eat
  When I’m bored I eat
  When I watch tv I need to eat

Which is why you would find me in a state of forever munching and forever chubby. I know that I need to make changes. But somehow I seem to lack the will.

Any suggestions dear friends? 

4 comments:

  1. You know what Jiththa said the other day right? There's a window of two years in every woman's life when she's just the perfect size. oh well, I think the trick really is for you to cut down on the portions akka. You love food. You can't live on a only juice or only fruits diet. When you serve yourself just remind yourself to go 3/4 than usual. And 1/2 etc. Never ever forego anything you like. The fact that you are not giving up anything will liberate you. It's like I eat bloody everything, but still I can keep my weight off you know. Remember when you and I were in school we wanted to lose weight? We lived in Mount back then. We were not allowed to throw away food. So we served ourselves little. Drank only half a cup of tea. With all it's taste intact. Didn't give up cake did we? But we lost weight. You more than me actually. You were skinny back then. That was a little extremist but still. You get the drift.

    Also I found this Pilate class. Might be more interesting than gym. ugh I hate working out too.

    We can go to this class together. If you feel lazy, I will drag you, if I feel lazy you drag me. :D Just say yes and I will sign us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey... I know all about this. I hate working out... I love food... I am hopeless at portion control... and I don't have a sister to drag me to pilates!

    Think will try reducing size of tea cup to start off...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angel! I need all the encouragement I need.. :)

      Delete
  3. hey akka. yeah. eat everything you like, just smaller portions :) avoid cheese and ice cream/ chocolates though. do 30 minsof treadmill everyday, dont over do it and enjoy the process! lots of good music. that helps. hugs and good luck! :) you look great either way!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. :D