Monday, May 28, 2012

Bucket list

OK so this is a topic covered by everyone yeah? While this is obviously not a comprehensive, below are a few things I want to do before I die. I agree, some of them are so very cliche. But then, most good things are. aren't they? I will add more, as time goes on.

01. See aurora borealis
      My brother said that one night he was rudely woken up by his roommate and dragged up a hill just to see them. I know that they are basically solar wind. But really, they seem magical. And yes, I call them Aurora borealis. You can call them Northern lights if you want. :) When I first heard "aurora borealis" something magical happened in my head. So now I'm doomed until I see them.



02. Visit Prague.
      Why Prague? Have you read the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Johnathan Stroud? In the Golem's eye, which is the second book, they travel to Prague. Which according to the story is mysterious and beautiful.


03. Visit Prince Edward Islands, Nova Scotia.
      Why? Anne Shirley of course.



04. Learn woodwork, i.e carpentry
     Why? Don't know. Just an itch I have. Attempting any other craft doesn't seem to satisfactorily scratch that itch.

05. Visit Morocco
     Colours. Isn't Morocco full of colours?

06. Bungy jump
     When we visited Thailand, darling very happily jumped. I stayed down with my feet firmly secured on the ground. This is Darling jumping. Next time, I'm jumping.


07. Finish reading Ulysses by James Joyce and the Lord of the rings trilogy. I'm stuck.

08. Learn to swim.
      I'm so embarrassed to admit that I can't swim. When I'm in water I get this irrational fear that almost paralises me. I need to learn. It is after all, a life skill.

09. After learning to swim comes, learning to dive. Darling is a qualified advanced open water diver. It will    be so much fun if I can share it.

10. Write a book.

So far these are the ones that come to my mind. What's on your bucket list?



1 comment:

  1. most of these would be on my list too, if i had one. except for bungeeejumping - not my thing :)

    i so want to go to prague now. see the aurora borealis sky!!! ahhhh...to live! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. :D