Saturday, February 6, 2010

What's your dose of tv?

HHave you ever found a tv series that you had to watch every week? Or one that was done being aired years ago & you suddenly found it & watched the whole series at one go? I have done both.

I'm not much of a tv junkie. I'm a book junkie. I love, I adore, I could live on books. I also like movies. I guess it's because it's the same reason as for liking books. I like a good story. What I don't like are sad endings. I believe there are enough problems in real life that we don't need more from fiction. There have been so many instances where I've had to try my hand at various antics to get my man to watch happy bubbly movies with me. For him it's all fighting & action. As a result I kind of like action movies too now.

Anyway, back to tv now.

There have been a few tv series that I watched from beginning to end at one go. Of course not in one night. But every night (or day) until I the series was over. These remain my favourite tv shows to date.

1. Friends.

I could watch friends over & over again & every single time bowl over laughing. It never gets old.

2.Avatar the last air bender

Yes I like cartoon. I like fantasy cartoon. I like super human abilities. I'd love to be the Avatar & be super at water bending, air bending, earth bending & fire bending.
What are you guys laughing at? No one ever said I wasn't geeky.

3. SUPERNATURAL
See how it's in capital. I watched the first 4 reasons at one go. Fortunately I was unemployed at the moment & I watched it I don't know for how many hours a day. But there was a time when I went to sleep I would dream of  angel wings & stuff.

What prompted me to write this? I just watched the latest episode. That was one good episode.

Supernatural. Recommended.

Geek update for the day. Yessir. Done

What's your dose of tv? I'm tagging MC, BI, Exon, Suri & CupCake

Book Baker out.

6 comments:

  1. "I'm not much of a tv junkie" and i also don't stream and watch one or movies/anime episodes per day. no sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you on the 'book junkie' thing... but there were some TV series that just grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

    I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer (all seasons) on TV without fail. IF I missed an episode by some chance in hell... I would watch a re-run before the next one was due.

    The same situation with Battlestar Galactica (new series).

    Watched a few others on DVD pretty much back-to-back. Firefly, Angel, Avatar: the last Air Bender (yip yip), True Blood, Californication and The Big Bang Theory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exon- ANYWAY........ :)

    Sean- Thanks for dropping by.. I'm thinking of starting on Buffy & Angel. I did watch S1 of true blood as well.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I watched and loved Avatar (seasons 1 & 2) too... Friends was of course a classic, Joey, Ally McBeal, Alias (season 1), That 70's Show... man the list goes on. I was such a TV junkie before my O/Ls, and then they brought the levy on imported programs and I had exams so I stopped watching almost everything... I don't watch any new series' now... :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. :D