Sunday, June 27, 2010

The supernatural

Hey folks!!

Long time no see eh? I've been busy.. But that's no excuse. Things I've been busy with? More on that later.

So here's the thing? Do you believe in the supernatural? the spooky? And no, I don't mean Sam & Dean Winchester or Bella swan & Edward Cullen or the rest. I mean real life supernatural stuff.

Like do you think that people will linger on after death because they're stuck in the great in-between. Because they no longer belong to our world, but for some reason cannot go on to the next one either.

Most people will cite religion to exemplify their point of view I'm sure. I'm not talking about what Buddhism teaches us. (I personally believe in rebirth but am to a great extent illiterate about the concepts, I'm ashamed to say.)Or what all other religions teach.

All I'm wondering is, is it out there? a separate dimension that is beyond our perception. Do people like in the movie 6th sense, die, but linger on not knowing that they have died. And do they knowingly or unknowingly cause the living trouble? Even if they don't behave like poltergeists, attach themselves to certain objects that they cared for when they were alive and don't want to move on.

Finally, when you hear stories about such happenings, do you say "hmmm, really?" and go on to narrate a story you heard earlier or say "nah, BS".

BookBaker out.

5 comments:

  1. Hey BB! Good to hear from you after a long time! :D And Congratulations on the reasons you were busy! ;)

    As for spirits, or some sort of body-less beings, I guess they're out there, but we're not sensitive enough to notice them? But perhaps even though our senses fail to pick them up, I guess when our gut feels as if someone's watching us it might be these guys? :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice to hear from you...

    well about supernatural,i guess Buddhism n the science proves that its out there. Its because the strong "bond" we have with the life. Not wanting to let go of the people or things we really love. Our lives right now gets complicated and hurt because of these really strong "bond".
    It's hard to believe but with Buddhism when you study it deeply its out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's there alright... and I'm one of those persons who responds with spooky stories! :) Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chavie- Hey Chavie!! Yep. It's good to be back. & thank you for your wishes!! :D I know what you mean, goosebumps on the nape of your neck ya? Yep. Creepy. :D
    CupCake- Thanks.. Life is as complicated as it is without the supernatural isn't it?
    Angel- Thanks for the comment. :). Responds? Oh dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely respond with a spooky story, then shrug my shoulders and move on. i like to think that science cant explain everything..:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. :D