Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cross Roads

CCross roads. That's where I am right now. Different avenues leading in different directions & not knowing which one to choose.

After lazing at home for months (and being a pain to everyone in my life) I still haven't figured what exactly I want to do. When I quit my previous job, I made a list of this that I want to do. (One or two of them).

1. Start my own business
2. Study further
3. Join another company & join the workforce again.
4. Learn new things

Starting my own thing obviously didn't work. Purely because I wanted to do so many things. I wanted to start catering, a cloth shop,  a craft shop, an accessory shop, a book shop (I honestly have no idea how to go about the last one) etc etc.. So as you can see I wanted to so many things and ended up doing nothing.

While I'm writing this self lamenting piece I'm talking to my sister's friend who's across the oceans & I'm sure has never tasted a cake I made & she thinks I should start up a cake shop. A cakery she calls it. See what I mean. One more to my list..

Studying further has been a bit fruitful  I think. At least I'm starting that next month or so. I'm enrolled and everything.

On a side note, I just opened a fortune cookie on FB & my fortune was " Your judgement is a little off at this time". Heh!! you bet!

Anyway, talking about studying & my judgement being off I went for an interview at a leading university in Col & didn't get through because I might have said "All that jazz" in the interview. Whoops! It's funny now. But then how I sighed...

Joining the workforce again  has been a flop from the start. I don't even want to talk about it.

I do want to learn a lot of new things. To cook like a pro chef. To bake like a Micheline starred pastry chef. To learn to make shoes (sigh... sigh..) To learn fashion design.. To learn new hand crafts. Most importantly (And this I WANT to do) to learn wood work (Anyone knows a person who can teach me?)

There, writing that was definitely good for me.

I'm going to get a job, juggle two kinds of studies & start one of the things in the list above.

And hopefully, will finish the book that I've been trying to write the first chapter of, for months.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Book Baker, I SO know what you are going through. I'm so confused and annoyed at myself being this for months and months that I can't even bring myself to blog about it. At least you narrowed it down!

    So, you're right. I don't think I've ever tasted a cake you made. Or maybe once, just once, I have. A tiny piece since Malli, if I recall, always gobbled down most of it and we love him too much to eat his portion of it. Haha.

    But, one thing I do know, you've come thus far and it's been good. You have proven yourself worthy and regardless of where you end up, I like to think it is because of the choices we make. I tell myself to just make up my mind and go along with it.

    If it works, well, good. If not, well at least I tried. But for me, I just need to make up my mind and figure out a way to do the impossible. Sigh. Let's talk more?1

    I'm just glad you started blogging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. :D